The Tomatis Method
The Tomatis® Method is a revolutionary sound training program that changes lives. It is an educational application based on the 50-year old Tomatis Method that was developed by Dr. Tomatis and is used throughout the world.
Easy-to-use, this portable sound training program retrains the ear for better listening through improved auditory processing. There are many benefits of the Tomatis Method, which enhance auditory processing including improved:
- Reading, comprehension, and writing
- Attention and ability to stay on task
- Focus and follow through
- Accidents, athletic injuries, concussions
- Communication, speech
- Relationships: family, friends, work
- Social interaction
- Illnesses that cause learning or functional challenges
- Motivation, self-esteem and self-confidence
- Positive view of life and joy in living
- Calm in pregnancy
There are additional reasons to take the Tomatis Method as a strong support:
- To learn another language
- To accelerate learning
- To prepare for a professional or entrance exam such as the Bar Exam, SATs, GMATS, or MCATs
The Tomatis Method is individualized for each listener—child or adult—and includes the use of patented technology to improve how you process, distinguish, and respond to sounds. These benefits often bring ease of living to those with traumatic brain injury or immune deficiency illnesses.
The Tomatis Method is offered in over 500 centers around the world through certified consultants and practitioners. Len Young, PhD, Registered Certified Tomatis Consultant (RCTC), provides the program nationally, particularly in the Southwestern and Southeastern United States (Arizona and South Carolina). She has worked with the Tomatis Method and the Electronic Ear since 1996, with the portable Mini-Electronic Ear since 2000 and with Solisten® since 2009.